Undergraduate Programmes (B.Tech) :
- Undergraduate Programmes (B.Tech)
- Post Graduate Programmes
Admissions to B.Tech are made once a year in the month of July based on rank of candidates in Engineering, conducted by CBSE and a limited number of seats are filled under management quota for which admission are done based on merit in qualifying exam. The normal duration of B.Tech. programme is 8 semesters.
The objectives of the programmes are:
- To impart the engineering education that prepares the students for immediate employment.
- To develop design capability among students
- To develop breadth & depth of knowledge in students
- To develop communication skills, awareness & competence to use information technology, ability to design & perform experiments, ability to work with others, understanding of human, social & business spheres, global view of diversity of world & intellectual pursuits, and ability to recognize and appreciate ethical standards.
The Institute follows a specialized credit based semester system for its academic programmes. This system allows greater freedom to individual programmes to tailor it to their specific needs. The students are required to follow certain regulations and procedures to meet the academic requirements of each semester.
Post Graduate Programmes (M.Tech):
- Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer Science Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Information Technology Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
The broad objectives of the M.Tech programmes
- To develop the engineering /technical manpower of the highest quality to cater to the needs of industry, R&D organizations and educational institutions.
- To develop advanced design capability among students.
- To develop a deep understanding of the area of specialization in the students.
- To develop innovative ability in the students to solve new problems, and a capacity to learn continually and interact with multidisciplinary groups.
- To develop among students a capacity for free and objective enquiry, awareness and sensitivity to the needs and aspirations of the society.
With these objectives in view, the programmes are designed to have courses of study & thesis through which a student may develop his/her concepts and skills.
The admissions to M.Tech programme is considered after conducting test and/or interview.
The normal duration of M.Tech programme is 2-years (4-semesters).This system allows greater freedom to the individual to tailor the programme to his/her specific needs/aspirations.
The 2-year (4 semesters) M.Tech. programmes are available in following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Civil engineering.